Thursday, November 20, 2014

Fort Meyers, FL supercharger
I've charged at 45 different superchargers thus far, although I have only 34 pictures to "prove" it. (Click on Google maps in the upper right hand corner to see the supercharger pics!) The goal was 55 superchargers with me-pics, and yes, I'm going to be a stickler and hold myself to it.  Florida has another 4, so I'll be using breadcrumb navigation to sandwich them in my lunchbox.


As I'm charging, I see in the distance, Santa riding in the back of a ski boat, pulled by a open bed truck that has his elves in it.  The "pace car" is a fire engine, honking its horn and flashing its lights.   A Salvation Army "bell ringer" with his red kettle is nearby and the speakers in the parking lot are playing Christmas music.  No sign of Thanksgiving but Christmas sure has arrived!

Costco is right around the corner from the supercharger, and you already know how I like checking out the regional differences.  This one doesn't disappoint, as they have a road show featuring cigars from Nicaragua.  No Cuban ones here, despite the geographical proximity, as they are still technically illegal due to the 1962 trade embargo.  The most elegant set in the bunch includes a humidor, and will run you $140.00.


On the way to the next supercharger near Tampa, I stop at a traffic light and notice a man on the corner wearing a bright green vest. Initially I think he is a road worker but there is no equipment and he is the only one.  I think it strange, but don't give it too much thought until I hit another intersection.  This time I see 4 men, one on each corner, wearing a bright green or orange vest.  Now this is just too coincidental so I have to find out what's going on.









It turns out Tampa's City Council passed an ordinance that " requires 'street vendors' to wear reflective vests for their safety".   Huh... I wonder if the road workers will inadvertently find themselves with extra change at the end of the day?


Well, it's obvious where this safety concern emanated.  I count 17 traffic lights sprinkled like croutons across this intersection.  Now that's a lot of navigational crumbs!









No comments:

Post a Comment