Monday, February 2, 2015


I pull into a dust bowl of a little town, just long enough for me to pick up enough charge to make it to Tucson.  There are a few RV Parks in Willcox and even here I price shop around. Major Circle is very familiar with Teslas and wants $5/hr to charge.  I choose Ft. Willcox at $1.50/hr however and settle in for the wind's 4 hour scourge.  I keep a close eye on the charging with my phone app and it's good thing I do, as the breaker trips multiple times.  I reset each, dialing back Kitt's draw of juice as I do.


It's been a long day, but I'm on my final 80 mile stretch of road.












I arrive in Tucson at 9 pm looking like a drowned rat, I kid you not.  I contemplate where I will hang my drenched tail for the night, and land at one of Tesla's partnered hotels "The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa" as they have a high power wall connector.  Ha! I think, this should be interesting.


I know I'm not looking like the type of guest they've become accustomed to.  Matted hair, dirty pants, stinky feet, and mismatched everything, I walk to the front desk.  I can tell I've caught them off guard, but frankly, reception quality isn't high on my priority list right now, as I'm tired and just want to become one with a hot shower.  I get "processed" and make the long trek through the habitrail to my hideaway.

Oh what a shower can do for your psyche and demeanor!  Clean and almost human again, I burrow into the most comfortable bedding I swear I have ever been in, and instantly fall asleep.

1 comment:

  1. Worrying about that cable noise here; another poster found it was noisy because it was busy; it had cut right through a metal suspension arm in there ...

    ReplyDelete