Thursday, October 23, 2014


Leaves
By Elsie N. Brady


How silently they tumble down
And come to rest upon the ground
To lay a carpet, rich and rare,
Beneath the trees without a care,
Content to sleep, their work well done,
Colors gleaming in the sun.
At other times, they wildly fly
Until they nearly reach the sky.
Twisting, turning through the air
Till all the trees stand stark and bare.
Exhausted, drop to earth below
To wait, like children, for the snow.



The time has come for me to migrate south.  I arrived here hungry, seeking sustenance.  I had gracious hosts, feasting on the most delectable array of colors offered.  My appetite was enormous for sure, gorging every day as I just couldn't get enough... but still they served.  I'd continue to consume, but the dishes are now being cleared.  I'm satisfied though, as I have a thick layer of insulation to carry me forward, well into winter. Before I go, here is a look back at the gift basket I've been given, satisfying all those years of anticipation.


New Hampshire
Maine
.  
Vermont

Nature's fruit salad




.

Pennsylvania


New York
.













Six more, and that makes 55.  Check!
...and now onto one arm push-ups.  Is that even possible?

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely poem. It is so obvious you have enjoyed this part of your trip. May the rest be just as fulfilling. Love ya. mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful photos. The leaves are amazing. And so is the plate and the poem. I am reading Peter Jenkins' "A Walk Across America". Read it years ago, but found a copy in a thrift store, with photos in it, and had to get it! Reminds me of you! So glad you are having such a great time! love and hugs, aunt judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK once again its time for my bimonthly post, I figured it would take about two weeks for that cop to let U out of the slammer anyway!

    It has occurred to me that in a way you are traveling back in time in the way things use to be in this nation.

    Self sufficient communities with a wholesome sense of culturally guided good purpose that has long since been lost or sold down the road in this country.

    And I am sorry to say that is is with reluctance that I leave you to go vote.....with the ever diminishing notion that it dose a dam bit of good any more.

    Keep on juice n!!!!

    BOC

    ReplyDelete