Sunday, October 12, 2014

Pie and donuts, oh, and ice-cream!







Would you start your day off with these? Well this morning I did.  I went to the Apple Pie Festival in Dummerston, Vermont where 1,477 pies were made for the event.  I stuck close to my "green" diet (more on that later) and consumed a cup of coffee, some apple slices and a good time.












I was seriously close to joining this lil tyke in that big ole pile of leaves, but... patience.  Another day, another pile.  Rest assured I will leave with no regrets.

I spent the rest of the day on the balance beam between Vermont and New Hampshire on Hwy 5.  Although my "point & shoot" camera does a respectable job, it doesn't come close to capturing the dizzying heights of colors that are on these trees.  Crimson, brick, tomato, maroon...every hue is there and each is drop dead gorgeous!  Pinch me, am I really here?




Working on my 55...
Thanks Judy!


One of my faves.













1 comment:

  1. I've been following every day. What a great variety of leaves! Each of your posts are so interesting! Love it all! Truly the stuff that dreams are made of!!! Took my old motorhome out yesterday for a few hours. Thought a lot about you! So glad you are doing all this! Hope Dave can join you soon! love and hugs, aunt judy

    ReplyDelete