Friday, November 14, 2014

By morning the rain clears, but the sky is blanketed with threatening clouds. I take my time leaving Tomoko State Park, then travel 25 miles south to Daytona Beach where I'm just itching to check out the Daytona International Speedway. 







Although closed for the evening, road access to a portion of the perimeter is open.  There is a major construction project underway and I learn later that $400 million is being spent on a renovation project called "Daytona Rising".















This speedway is colossal, and the portion I can see is just a tiny sliver of the 480 acre pie. 


I check the ticket office hours with a plan to be back tomorrow to take in all there is to see.
Click to enlarge

On the way out, Kitt has me stop, as she recognizes a distant relative (of sorts).

No comments:

Post a Comment