Friday, February 13, 2015

I arrive in Yuma, AZ  late in the evening.  The area around the supercharger is abandoned, looking like I'm the first engineer it's seen since construction.   I notice there's a Hilton Garden Inn just across the way and briefly (nope, I can't even say the neurotransmitter crossed the synapse) thought about checking in.  I'll be up early (possibly before expected) so I decide to put down  roots right here.

  
I commence my cardboard barn raising; side walls go up, plumbing is vetted, and HVAC installed to code.  I retire for the evening knowing I have the best crew of professional electrons, finishing up the job.




Self contained, self sufficient, with a self-made selfie stick, I rise and shine.  










8
Yuma, AZ












It's an overcast day, and there are no other amp seekers to share it with.   The area is void of people, let alone another Model S.

I've heard Yuma is a place where the snowbirds like to migrate for the winter. I'd like to see for myself what it has to offer and a quick search yields Martha's Gardens as a place to start.  Reviews mention the date shakes are not to be missed.  With final inspection signed off, I pack up my tool belt and head on out to go see Martha.



No comments:

Post a Comment