Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Tesla's recently opened service center in Tennessee is the fastest gun in this part of the country.  Since we're just 90 miles away, we align the cross hairs on Brentwood, TN and make like a bullet.

Although not a supercharger, the high power wall connector at 80 Amps is the Ruger 204 in the charging world.
I must admit, in general I'm not a big fan of software updates. I figure, if it ain't broke don't fix it.  This has serviced me quite well, however I make an exception with Kitt's firmware as well as the associated phone app. 

The phone app (shown in the lower left hand corner of the pic) allows for me to see Kitt's condition from a remote location.   I can check/set/start/stop the charge, check/set the climate, check Kitt's location and get directions from the phone's location, (un)lock the car, start the car, vent the roof, honk the horn, and flash the lights.  I (or my husband from his phone) have employed every one of these functions on this trip.

While I'm here, I stop in and chat with the folks at Tesla and get to see the new Model D, the 4 wheel drive version of the Model S.  Most everything is the same, however the frunk is smaller having lost the "microwave" compartment to the front wheel drivetrain.

I fill to the brim, as I have 224 miles before I can reload in Memphis.  As usual, I start off conservative in my driving until I am confident that I have enough charge to go faster and still arrive at my destination.

We check into the Heart Break Hotel and then drop Kitt off at the RV park directly behind.  Since we are staying at the hotel, there is no fee to charge.

Elvis's music is playing everywhere and I totally get into it, much to the chagrin of my son.  For the next 24 hours, until we're out of Memphis, I'm either singing an Elvis song, playing one on slacker, doing an Elvis impersonation or talking about Lisa Marie/Michael Jackson, or Pricilla's botched plastic surgery. 


"Graceland"
Presley's mansion
I consider it "educational".  Not sure, but I think he sees it as a firing squad.







1 comment: